Concrete Bowling is a design contest that utilizes students’ engineering abilities, as well as his/her bowling skills!
Judging of the concrete bowling will be based on engineering design, aesthetics, and your bowling skills!
- Each school may enter one team in the competition consisting of one male and one female team member.
- Standard ten-pin bowling rules will apply to the competition.
- Each contestant will have two frames, for a maximum of four bowls.
- Team with the best combined score wins.
- Both participants’ names must appear on the Special Events Registration Form in Mailer III.
- The bowling balls must have a maximum circumference of 27 inches.
- The weight of the ball must not exceed 16 pounds.
- The mix design is at the discretion of each school, but the design should not include any resin.
- Samples of the components of the mix will need to be provided at the time of competition.
- Each team must submit a poster board at the competition (22”x 28”) that must be able to stand on its own on the ground.
- The poster must identify:
- The school’s name
- The mix design including construction material and techniques
- Two copies of a single 8 ½ in. x 11 in. sheet detailing the materials used in the mix design as well as the costs must be provided for the judges. Teams may utilize both sides of the single sheet.
Two judges will preside over the competition. The aesthetics of the bowling balls and posters will be judged by the Concrete Bowling judges. The Concrete Bowling judges will be selected from the roster of Concrete Canoe
Competition judges and will decide the concrete bowling winner according to the total number of points earned.
The following details the confirmation status for each Conference Member via registration. If there are any questions, contact us at email@example.com.
|California State University, Chico ||2 |
|California State University, Fresno ||2 |
|California State University, Sacramento ||8 |
|San Jose State University ||2 |
|Santa Clara University ||2 |
|University of California, Berkeley ||5 |
|University of California, Davis ||2 |
|University of Nevada, Reno ||2 |
|University of the Pacific ||1 |
Showing 9 items